When your child’s first tooth erupts above the gum line, it is visible to the oral health hazards of the world, including harmful bacteria and enamel-eating acids. One potential risk to your child’s smile is via baby bottle tooth decay. Save your child’s smile with baby bottle tooth decay treatments and these important facts:
– Avoid sharing or using oral health care products and pacifiers with your children, as this can easily cause contamination and bacteria to spread.
– As soon as a baby’s first tooth erupts above the gum line around 6 months of age, it is at risk for damage and decay and should be treated.
– Sidestep giving your child a baby bottle with sugary products in it.
– Select toothpaste for your infant child that has been approved by your pediatrician or has been given the ADA Seal of Acceptance ensuring its safety for the desired age range.
– Use a dab of toothpaste rough the size of a grain of rice to brush your child’s teeth.
– During naptime, remove any bottle from their mouth to ensure proper breathing and that liquid is not pooling up in their mouth.
Always make time in your child’s life to visit their pediatrician at LOL Dental & Orthodontics for baby bottle tooth decay treatments and book an appointment with Dr. Nieku Manshadi for a detailed exam of your oral health. You can reach our pediatric office in Crockett, Texas, by calling us at 936.463.0162. We look forward to improving your child’s smile for many years to come!